Saturday, November 7, 2009

30 weeks and a baby shower

Well, I know I am not 30 weeks anymore, but I wanted to share some of the fun from 30 weeks. At 30 weeks I took my last road trip- a three hour trip to the twins' grandma's house for their baby shower. I was surprised at how much the trip exhausted me, but was so happy to be there.

The baby shower was lovely and I was able to meet some more of the twins' relatives and close family friends. It was wonderful to be invited to share in such an intimate moment that is reserved for families and dear friends. I enjoyed immensely the smiles and joy I saw in the faces of the twins' grandparents, great aunt, cousins, aunts and uncles, and everyone else who was there. The greatest joy of all was watching their parents open their gifts and see their reactions to all the little baby things that they have never had before.
Here is me with two little onesies:
I had been at the mall the week before the shower and found this shirt with the "Special Delivery" message- and knew it would be perfect for the shower.
I wish I could share the pictures of me with the twins' family, of their huge stack of baby supplies and diapers, and of theirbrother in my lap the next morning while we tried to get him to pat or kiss my belly (he wasn't very agreeable).
I think the moment I will always remember is their great aunt racing up to me at putting her hands on my belly before I even knew who she was. I think that her actions just made me feel that she realized my purpose there was to provide "the belly" holding the children that were being celebrated.

Our 30 week appointment: I gained about 2 or 3 pounds (can't remember now), and measured 35 weeks- 5 weeks bigger than I actually am (hmm, I guess it's that extra baby in there). I think I didn't gain as much weight since I began my super fun gestational diabetes diet. So, for the first time in my life, I am on a diet-grr!
Here is my 30 week belly: And my 30 week feet and cankles:






No comments:

Post a Comment