Monday, October 11, 2010

I am overcome with joy

For some reason, maybe just crazy hormones, I am full of such strong emotion.  For the first time in so long, I am able to write- to feel- to just be at peace.
Now, of course, I don't have much time to enjoy this feeling, but for now, I just need to let it out.
The laundry is almost done, the children are outside playing, and I have just cleaned off the counter which has been piled up with junk for months.  Whew... and I feel great. 
And now it is time to make dinner and carry on with the rest of the day.
And sometimes I get stressed out about life.  About the laundry not being done.  About the kids fighting.  About never being caught up at work.  About wanting my husband to be happy and instead always giving him more to do.  About making my kids happy and giving them everything I had and everything I never had.  And then  I get overwhelmed. 
But right now, I can see the joy.  I HAVE a husband.  I HAVE three amazing children.  I HAVE a home (even though I hate it).  I HAVE everything I have ever wanted. 
And just for a moment, I am going to sit here, overcome with joy before the crazy hormones wear off.
And maybe, just maybe, I will have time to write about the new story I have added to my life, and update this old blog to include more recent happenings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment