Saturday, September 5, 2009

My babies are growing in so many ways

"Thousands of candles can be lighted by a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." Buddha

I sit here, after a week of trying to find time to blog, and my thoughts have all left my head. Life is full these days, with the children, school, work, their extra activities, and all that we try to do. My children are growing up so fast. Katie is now playing the clarinet in band and talks about it every day after school. She is wearing mascara and lip gloss, wearing clothes from the Junior's department, and having sleepovers. Triston is doing Boy Scouts and helped our principal fold the U.S. and Texas flags after school on Friday. I was so proud! He is working with his aunt to show a horse in a competition next month. Braden just turned 6, and is growing so fast I can't believe how quickly it has happened. He is a big boy now and makes his own dinner plates and picks out his own clothes. I am overjoyed to see the people they are growing into and the goodness that radiates from them. However, I am also sad to see their little hands grow so large and their feet grow bigger than mine (well, Katie's already have) Next thing I know, they will all be taller than me! First day of school picture:


We have adjusted to school time and the school routine. We try to fit in fun things to do whenever we can and I try to let the kids have time to play with their friends, ride their bikes, and enjoy being kids. We seem to be successful with this, and they love to have free time.

I have never enjoyed anything more than I enjoy being a mom. When I was a little girl, I always said I wanted to grow up to be a mommy. Well, I did, and it is the only job I will never retire from. There is no other love on this earth that is as pure as the love between mother and child. I live for their hugs, thrive on their kisses, and rejoice in every success they meet. And when they fall, I lift them up, and we keep on going. The miraculous thing about them growing up is that they don't let me fall either. Wherever I am, whatever happens, no matter what, I know with my children that I am home.

They are the candles I was born to light. They are the light that I will leave the world. They are the best thing I have ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment